As of 7:00 PM on Monday, 7 December 2020, the Coalition of Domestic Observers (CODEO) had recorded 235 cases of various incidents from all the 4,000 polling stations where it deployed observers.
“The main five of these revealed incidents are terrorizing/badgering; infringement of COVID-19 wellbeing and security conventions; the brutality of various sorts; unapproved people at polling stations; and breaking down of biometric gadgets”, CODEO said in a press explanation endorsed by Mr Albert Arhin, National Coordinator.
Peruse portions of the assertion underneath
In the late morning situational report, CODEO introduced to the overall population its discoveries on the set-up, the launch of polling stations, and few occurrences got from 1,499 out of the 1,502 PVT Observers (i.e., 99.8%) situated in each of the 275 constituencies in the 16 areas of the nation as of 1:00 PM today (i.e., Election Day).
In view of these discoveries, CODEO unquestionably affirmed that the courses of action set up by the EC for the arrangement and opening of surveys were satisfactory for most polling stations.
This end of surveys articulation centers essentially around the democratic cycle, and a few incidents got from 1,486 out of the 1,502 PVT Observers (i.e., 98.9%) situated in every one of the 275 constituencies in the 16 areas of the nation as at 7:00 PM today (i.e., Election Day).
Casting a ballot Process
• CODEO observers in 99.9% of polling stations revealed that political decision officials approved (for example stepped) voting form papers before they were given to electors.
• At 92.4% of polling stations, no unapproved people were permitted to be available during casting a ballot.
• The biometric confirmation machines worked totally in 89.9% of polling stations. In any case, the machines neglected to work appropriately eventually in time in 10.1% of polling stations.
• No significant occurrence of badgering and terrorizing of citizens or polling officials was recorded at 97.2% of polling stations.
• Social-removing and hand-washing were carefully authorized in 74.5% and 92.9%, separately, of the polling stations.
• In practically all polling stations (96.0%), the fingers of electors were efficiently set apart with permanent ink.
• At 45.3% of polling stations, a couple (1 to 5), approximately (6 to 15) or many (at least 16) electors didn’t wear face covers. CODEO observers in 54.7% of polling stations, nonetheless, revealed that citizens wore face covers. Without a doubt, political race officials in 16.4% of polling stations dismissed a couple (1 to 5), somewhere in the range of (6 to 15) or many (at least 16) citizens who were not wearing face covers.
• Overall, 47.3% of CODEO observers depicted issues that may have happened during the democratic cycle as minor, 0.6% portray such issues as a significant, while 52.2% didn’t witness any issue at their relegated polling stations.
As at 7:00 PM, CODEO had recorded 235 cases of various incidents from all the 4,000 polling stations where it deployed observers.
The best five of these announced incidents are terrorizing/badgering; infringement of COVID-19 wellbeing and security conventions; the viciousness of various sorts; unapproved people at polling stations; and breaking down of biometric gadgets.
Brutality and capture of CODEO onlooker
o At the Open Space Cocoa Shed Polling Station in Kassem in the Asutifi South Constituency in the Ahafo Region, unapproved people consumed the voting form papers not long prior to checking started around 6:00 PM. The security organization was brought in and they made some capture. Tragically, the CODEO onlooker positioned at that polling station got captured and is at present in Police authority at Goaso Police Command.
o At Temp Booth Anomangye Pole Ase, Suame, a detailed fight between an ally of the occupant MP and that of the autonomous applicant brought about a battle, which disturbed discretionary cycle for certain minutes. The issue was settled by security fortification.
o Steps to Christ Polling station, Awutu Senya East Constituency: Confirmed shots at polling station bringing about a writer being harmed. Terrorizing/Harassment
o In Just Love International School, Abankrom 1, in Obuasi West constituency, the NDC observers scared the Presiding Officer in the mission to cross examine why the polling officer made the gathering specialists remain at a far distance. They undermined the officer and there was a contention for certain minutes. In any case, the polling officer called for fortification from the security taskforce and they came in to determine the issue. The democratic cycle was ended for a couple of moments and continued.
Infringement of Covid-19 Protocols
• Eastern, Greater Accra, Savanna, and North East
o Voters at Anglican Church, Ogome 1, at Yilo Krobo Constituency, L/A Primary School, Mamekrobo East 2 at Afram Plains South Constituency, Accra High Secondary School (Station A) at Klottey Korle Constituency, Almanara Primary School 1 at Damongo Constituency, and M/A Primary School Kpatinga at Nalerigu/Gambaga Constituency were not sticking to the social removing conventions.
o At Temporal Booth Yamfo 1, Tano North, at 11:47 AM the voting form guarantor (who turns out to be a woman) was found concealing three stepped polling form papers. The electors present broke into the cordoned region the EC has made and beat her up. The occurrence went on for around 30 minutes, disturbing the democratic cycle. Around 15 electors were available in the line when this occurrence happened. The voting form backer was captured close by a citizen who was annoying an officer.
o At Baaba Latif Polling station at new Zongo, Asawase Constituency in the Ashanti, a youngster possessing thumb-printed voting form papers, was gotten by the EC officials and gave over to the police.
• Greater Accra
o At Orion Cinema, Klottey Korle Constituency in the Greater Accra Region, the EC officials got a woman, with thumb printed polling form papers are covered up in her clothing and gave her over to the Police.
CODEO is proceeding to notice the checking of voting forms at polling stations, constituency and public grouping habitats. CODEO keeps on accepting data on vote tally from its broadly deployed observers and will refresh people in general on new and additional data it gets from its PVT observers. Additionally, CODEO will be delivering a more itemized primer assertion on the lead of the decisions as happened on Monday, December 7, 2020.
Meanwhile, CODEO critically approaches the Election Security Taskforce, especially the Ahafo Regional Command, to facilitate the expedient preparing of the CODEO spectator so he can rapidly be delivered to finish his perception task. CODEO likewise requests to all Ghanaians to keep on trying to avoid panicking, be reputable, keep on regarding the COVID-19 wellbeing conventions and be estimated in their response to results being declared from the polling stations, constituency and the public gathering communities.
Ghana needs each and everybody alive.